As the LA Marathon approaches its impossible not to reflect on the journey that led me to this point! I have been vocal about saying that this is the best season of Marathon training that I’ve ever have. I have Team NutriBullet to thank for that, but before more than just thank the whole group (which I do), I also want to thank individuals!
Jasmine Diaz – My loving and encouraging wife. I wouldn’t be able to take on this commitment to Team Nutribullet if it wasn’t for her understanding and support! I know its not always easy for me to be out on Saturday Mornings when we may want to make other plans, but she understand my passion and goals and always has my back!
Thank you Jasmine for being the best wife a guy could ever have!
John LaPointe – It was John who reached out to me to be a pace group leader for Team NutriBullet. I started running with John back in 2012 to train for the Malibu Half Marathon. It was that group that allowed me to rediscover the joy of running. This experience, however, has taken it to another level. John served as the Running Coach for Team NutriBullet and has been responsible for instilling the principals of proper running form!
Thank you for everything John! I’m glad to call you a friend!
Kenton – Kenton is a dynamic person, he’s the life force behind Team NutriBullet whether its up close and personal or behind the scenes! When you really find out all that Kenton does for NutriBullet, its amazing that he’s able to take care of all of the runners, but he’s always there for us! Not only does he do it all with a smile on his face, but with an amazing energy that infects everyone!
Thank you Kenton for all that you do!
Sarah Lefkowitz – Sarah, Team NutriBullet’s registered dietitian, is not only helping to make sure that all of the runners are getting optimal nutrition for our demanding training schedule, she is training with Team NutriBullet as well! I have had the pleasure of leading the 10 min/mile group for 2 weeks, picking her brain and soaking up her nutrition advice! It is her NutriBullet recipes that have fueled me on my runs, allowing me to push past my “limits”
Sarah, thank you for keeping us fueled for success!
Monique – Monique is our trainer and responsible for making sure that our bodies are strong enough to both keep up with the toll of the Marathon training, but also perform at its very best! She helps in a variety of fitness areas including strength training, core strength, endurance, injury prevention, and more. Though I have not taken advantage of her weekly sessions I have really taken to the idea of core strength and have been planking almost daily. All of the yoga sessions I have attended have been so dynamic that honestly I wish I attended more. The real proof is in the pudding and for those that really need and seek her help, she has been heaven sent!
Thank you Monique for molding our team into lean mean running machines!
Jeremy – The guy behind the scenes handling the production and making sure we all look good! Its all fun and games until you’re caught on camera acting a fool!
Thank you Jeremy for capturing the entire experience!
My 8 Minute Pace Group Members – David, Luis, Laura, Freddy, Marko, and Peter. Its easy to lead a group like this! This group has changed a bit since training first started. However, down the stretch we have had our core members to count on! The conversations on our runs have been great!
- David – you were the first motivated one to join the 8 minute group! You were committed to run a BQ and I was committed to get you there! You rep ARC hard but also represent Team Nutribullet well! I wish you all the best and hope you achieve your goals!
- Luis – I think I approached you about running with the 8 minute group and you were more than willing and motivated for the challenge! You’re not only a strong runner, but a great RD as well! You are definitely a more capable runner than you give yourself credit for! I hope the LA Marathon is a confidence builder for you; I see you doing big things!
- Laura – It was great having you with the 8 minute group! You have such a strong running background with such elite company and you have been generous about sharing all of the things you’ve learned! You’ve also come up with some great discussion topics during our runs to keep things fun and free. I hope your injuries are behind you and kill it at the LA Marathon!
- Freddy – The famous runner who has graced us with his presence and his big heart! Your pictures are the stuff of legend! It has been my pleasure to get to know you better as a runner and as a person! Thanks for letting me carpool with you, and thanks for running with the 8 minute group even though some of the rest of us had a hard time staying on pace!
- Marko – Thanks for bringing your energy to the 8 minute group! You’re always up for a challenge and sometimes that meant leaving the rest of us in the dust when someone faster is up ahead (usually Peter). Even still its great to see your enthusiasm for running and your confidence. Its amazing that you’re so swift on your feet at 200+ pounds! Hope that epic fartlek run doesn’t bite us on Sunday!
- Peter – You’re the Team NutriBullet Veteran along with Freddy and a few others. You are also an incredible runner and sup-athlete. It was running laps around Hazeltine park with you that really boosted my confidence at the peak of our training! Thanks for all of the advice and motivation. I’d wish you luck, but you don’t need it! Go kill it!
Crispin and Cynthia – I’ve been following all of your feats and accomplishments with LASP and it’s definitely been a motivator for me to step it up with my own running. Having the both of you run with the 8 minute pace group, if only for one Saturday, was inspirational. I wish you all much success with “The Speed Project” and thank you again for your motivation and support!
To all of the Team NutriBullet Runners – You guys have been nothing short of an inspiration to me! All of you with so many different stories, and goals. You’ve over come so much to get to this point. I’m proud of you all and want to see each of you cross that finish line proudly Sunday at the LA Marathon! After the culmination of all our training, its time to execute on race day!